Walking: Walking is the best choice for you if you want to fully enjoy the natural beauty of Phu Quoc Island and improve your health. Exploring the natural beauty as well as the life of the people living on this island with your own feet will be an unforgettable experience for you.
Moto/ Scooter: If you’re young enough, although at heart anyway, you’ve got to try seeing Phu Quoc on a motor scooter. It can be hired for $5 – $12 a day from your hotel or resort.
– There is no paperwork, no insurance and no deposits, you just negotiate if you break or lose the bike.
– There is also a request that you refill with fuel when you finish. Roads here are mostly red dirt full of pot holes and there are no traffic rules.
– You are responsible for not hitting anybody or anything and you are responsible for nobody else hitting you.
– You are supposed to drive on the right, but not everybody always does that
– A typical repair shop is GIA PHU on 25 Tran Phu in Duong Dong. Depending on the severity of the damage, it could save you a lot of money.
– Motor taxi is about 200,000-400,000 Dong or US$10-20 for a day trip. Be sure to agree how many hours and locations you want to do with the driver.
Jeeps: Your next good option is a Jeep with a driver. Call Jeep for Rent locally on 0939 402 872 ($30 for 6 hours, $50 for 24 hours). For the best but most expensive jeep, call La Veranda on 0773 982 988.
Taxi: Taxis here are more expensive than you might be used to in Saigon. Most taxis use meters, and you pay what the meter shows. Short trips in Duong Dong are up to 60000 dong, for a full day and a given itinerary you should make a flat deal (Ex: 650000- $35). Ask your hotel or try Le Giang Taxi on 0773 848 444 or 0913 788 262 or give Mr Tam a call 0913 197 298.
Boat: In Phu Quoc Island, Saigon Phu Quoc Resort has their own large boat you can charter from Long Beach. Beside, all resorts run tours with charter boats. Cost varies depending on number of passengers using the boat and it is quite reasonable.